【Myanmar／Thailand】International grassroots activities ‘Heartful Football in Asia’ (Myanmar &Thailand)’
- Time Period
- 9 August, 2015 (Sun.) to 15 August, 2015 (Sat.)
- Myanmar (Yangon), Thailand (Chiang Mai)
- Sport/Programme Category
- Urawa Red Diamonds Ltd.
- Recipient Organisation
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Sponsorship: Lawmakers to create a school for the children of Asia, Sport for Tomorrow consortium
- Number of Individual Beneficiaries
- 410 people (3 elementary schools and 1 orphanage)
Taking the opportunity of participation in the Asia Champions League (ACL) in 2007, we have visited local elementary schools in 25 countries/regions and 37 cities in total, mainly in Asia and continued activities under the “develop mind” theme. Last year we visited elementary schools and orphanages in Bhutan and on this occasion, Myanmar and Thailand. Using football as a vehicle, we conveyed the fun of sports and fostered interaction of hearts and minds with children.
|In the developing country Myanmar, we visited an elementary school built for children who cannot go to school. While in Thailand, as well as an orphanage, we visited an elementary school in a remote rural area, which took us five hours to reach.We practice the three principles of the Urawa Reds Heartful Club, “Heartfelt Consideration”, “Trusting Heart” and “Come What May, Giving our All”, in lectures and practical training.Children who kicked a football for the first time, and those less good at sports also enjoyed it, with smiles galore.|