【Malawi/Guatemala】“UNDOKAI (Sports Day)” trial project held in Malawi and Guatemala.
- Time Period
- February 25, 2015 (Malawi and Guatemala)
- Malawi and Guatemala.
- Sport/Programme Category
- Sports day
- JAPAN SPORT COUNCIL and Public Interest Incorporated Association “Japan Overseas Cooperative Association”
- Recipient Organisation
- Matapila Elementary School (Malawi) and Chuixquiac Tululu Elementary School etc. (3 schools, Guatemala)
- Number of Individual Beneficiaries
- Around 2100 (Total sum from both countries)
JAPAN SPORT COUNCIL once again commissioned the Public Interest Incorporated Association, “Japan Overseas Cooperative Association” and carried out trials for the “UNDOKAI (Sports Day)” in collaboration with the Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers already stationed in Malawi and Guatemala.The project was carried out to introduce “UNDOKAI”, which has been widespread throughout the history of our nation, to developing countries with the aim of popularizing sports days in school curriculums and community revitalization projects. Because it was carried out by the “Japan Overseas Cooperative Association”, which has a network with the Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers who are stationed locally, the “UNDOKAI (Sports Day) was held in accordance with the needs of the local communities.