International Student-Athlete Scholarship Project （2018）
- Time Period
- 1st Apr. ,2018 to (End of Mar., 2022)
- Federal Republic of Nigeria / Abuja / Lagos / Benin City / Kochi, Kyoto, Tokyo, Gifu, in Japan
- Sport/Programme Category
- basketball, Soccer
- TAIYO INDUSTRY AFRICA INC.
- Recipient Organisation
- Federal Republic of Nigeria / Federal Ministry of Youth Sports Development, Grassroots sports promotion
- Kochi Chuo High School, Fukuchiyama Seibi High School, Myojo Gakuen, Gifu Girls’ High School
- Number of Individual Beneficiaries
- 6 people
We select students from abroad to study at Japanese high schools on the TPSP (Top Performer Scholarship Program), which is a three-year scholarship programme, by holding screenings, mainly in Nigeria. We also provide support to the selected students during their study periods in Japan.Based on the requirements for students from abroad to enter Japanese high schools for the 2019 academic year, we collected information on talented football and basketball student-athletes in Nigeria, held screenings, and selected two male football student-athletes and four female basketball student-athletes as the scholarship students. Following the selection process, we helped the selected student-athletes go through the procedures for studying in Japan and travel to Japan. We are currently supporting them in Japan.
Yukio Yamamoto, TPSP Project Development Manager
TAIYO INDUSTRY AFRICA INC.